To get the marketing wheels turning, take a moment to run through this checklist. It will help assess your current marketing efforts and define areas for improvement.
Do you have a clear and concise agenda for growing your business?
– Is your plan in writing?
– Does your plan include specific goals, strategies, dates and expected results?
– Do you know whether your plan is realistic?
Have you established a unique marketing advantage (UMA) that helps you?
– Can you clearly identify your target audience?
– Are you familiar with their demographics?
– Can you speak to them in their “own language”?
Do you maintain regular communication with current and former clients, and market to them in an effort to generate referrals?
Have you set aside a monthly or annual marketing budget that you can realistically stick to?
Are you using a variety of methods to market your business, or do you rely on only one method?
Do you have a strong and well-defined online presence that allows you to capitalize on the popularity of the internet? Do you have a professional-looking Web site? Does your Web site rank high on search engine results pages?
Do you regularly attend networking functions and other events that put you in front of a captive audience?
Have you used direct mail, publicity generation, “pay-per-click” advertising or print advertising to grow your business?
Do you track where your business comes from?
– Do you regularly fine-tune your marketing initiatives to improve your return on investment (ROI)?