While the evolution of digital marketing shows no signs of slowing, Google remains the undisputed champion of online visibility. Impacting everything from your search engine rankings to your brand reputation, the search engine’s role in your marketing strategy is still vital for success.
But how can you tell if your current Google strategy is working for you?
For businesses aiming to thrive in the digital world, a well-crafted Google marketing strategy is a must — and our team is here to offer their support!
As a full-service marketing agency in Chester County, PA, we’re giving you our expert insights on how to improve your Google marketing strategy and ensure your digital marketing is on point.
Here’s 5 signs that your Google marketing strategy might be in need of a revamp.
1. You Have an Outdated Google Business Profile
At the core of any successful Google marketing strategy is an up-to-date Google Business Profile. So, before you go any deeper into advanced marketing tactics and improving your search results, it’s important you have the basics in order.
An inaccurate, incomplete, or neglected Google Business Profile can deter potential customers and diminish their trust in your brand.
This is why it’s essential to:
- Claim your Google Business Profile and keep it current: Regularly update crucial information, like business hours, contact details, and images, to ensure prospects and existing customers can easily find you.
- Utilize the posts feature: Google Business Profile now offers a ‘posts’ feature that allows you to share updates, offers, and events. Regularly using this feature can help keep your profile fresh and engaging.
- Leverage customer reviews: Encourage satisfied customers to leave positive reviews on your Google Business Profile to enhance your profile’s credibility and provide valuable social proof for potential customers.
- Respond to customer queries and reviews: Actively engage with your customers by answering their questions and responding to reviews on your Google Business Profile. Timely responses can help demonstrate your commitment to customer satisfaction while also ensuring negative feedback is publicly addressed.
Tip: Accurate location information is also important for Google Maps to help prospects locate your business.
2. You’re Being Outshone by Competitors
In a fiercely competitive global market, visibility is becoming increasingly important…. But it’s also becoming increasingly difficult to achieve!
If your digital touchpoints are being overshadowed by competitors, it’s definitely time to get more strategic with your Google marketing approach.
To do this, we recommend the following steps:
- Step 1: Perform a thorough competitor analysis to identify areas where your competitors excel in Google Search rankings.
- Step 2: Use this information to refine your content marketing strategy and consider an overhaul of your blogs, social media posts, and website content.
- Step 3: Optimize your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy by conducting keyword research to identify high-value and relevant keywords for your industry. Incorporate these keywords across your content and monitor keyword data to further inform your strategy.
- Step 4: Enhance the user experience by ensuring your website design is mobile-friendly and visitors can easily find the information they need, when they need it.
Tip: Over 50.55% of internet traffic currently comes from mobile devices, which is why it’s always a good idea to make sure your digital touchpoints are functional, accessible, and optimized for mobile users. To do this, collect valuable feedback from users or consider A/B testing to enhance the user experience.
3. You Have High Bounce Rates & Declining Web Traffic
Declining website traffic and high bounce rates can be clear indicators that your marketing strategy isn’t working in the way it should. While several factors could be at fault, the main culprits are usually changes in Google’s marketing strategy algorithms or outdated content.
To ensure your Google marketing strategy has the best chance of driving traffic to your website, we suggest:
- Regularly updating and refreshing your website content to keep it current and engaging, e.g. update content that contains dates or subjects that are no longer topical.
- Implementing a responsive, user-friendly, and visually-appealing design to enhance the overall user experience of your site and promote engagement.
- Featuring effective Call-to-Action (CTA) elements to guide visitors towards their next steps.
- Exploring paid advertising options to boost your online presence and drive targeted traffic to your website.
- Offering prospects value and establishing yourself as an industry-leader by providing them with free resources like downloadable eBooks, educational webinars, and more.
4. Your Google Ads are Underperforming
Whether you’re focused on an effective ‘Google shopping’ ads display or social media posts targeting a specific audience, Google Ads work wonders for businesses trying to get their name out there — but only when used effectively!
From poor engagement rates to inefficient spending, the wrong approach to Google Ads campaigns can lead to missed opportunities and wasted resources. This is why the best Google marketing strategies are the ones that ensure Google Ads work for your unique business and target audience.
To make the most of Google’s advertising platform for your business, consider the following marketing strategies:
- Refine your targeting parameters: Ensure your ads reach the right audience by refining your targeting parameters, including demographics, locations, and interests.
- Test ad variations: Experiment with different ad variations to identify which messages and designs resonate best with your audience.
- Continuously adjust campaigns: Regularly monitor the performance of your Google Ads campaigns via Google Analytics, and make necessary adjustments to enhance ROI and achieve your advertising goals.
5. You’re Not Leveraging Professional Support
Researching and taking action to improve Google marketing strategies can definitely be helpful. But it’s also important to remember that when it comes to digital marketing, the goalposts are constantly moving.
This is why partnering with marketing professionals can be the best way to keep up.
Especially when dealing with a full-service marketing company, their comprehensive range of services can provide you with a cohesive strategy that allows you to focus on other crucial aspects of your business.
When choosing the right marketing partner for you, we recommend:
- Ensuring their knowledge is current and up to date (Tip: check out the blog section of their website to see what they’re discussing!)
- Reviewing their portfolio and client testimonials to gauge their performance
- Evaluating their range of services to ensure they align with your business needs
- Discussing your goals and expectations to make sure they can meet your specific requirements
- Assessing if they can assist you both now and during future growth phases
Looking for a Full-Service Marketing Company in Chester County?
Located in Malvern, PA, Tate Design is a full-service marketing agency that specializes in web design, SEO strategy, digital marketing, and so much more.
As your trusted partner in navigating the ever-changing landscape of digital marketing, our team of experts is here to guide you towards success.
Ready to make your digital marketing strategy stronger than ever? Contact our team today.
At Tate Design, we keep up with Google’s marketing strategies — so you don’t have to!