What is E-A-T and why does it matter in marketing and in your visibility strategy? To be highly visible to your target market and prospective customers who may be doing the majority of their shopping online, you need to show up in Internet search results. This means you also need to rank well with search engines like Google. This takes more than SEO/search engine optimization.
Google looks at how your website demonstrates your expertise, authority, and trustworthiness. We explained these basic components of E-A-T in our earlier post “Build The Expertise, Authority, And Trustworthiness Google Wants.” Google’s Search Quality Raters, who follow Quality Rater Guidelines, look for these to determine page quality and whether the page meets the needs of the search query. At this time, E-A-T is not measured nor is it the determining factor in how your web pages rank. However, expertise, authority, and trustworthiness are all important to your target audience. Here is how to build more into your online presence today.
• Do your keyword research. Address the real and perceived needs of those who are searching for what you have to offer.
• Listen to the questions your customers are asking. Provide helpful answers, tips, tools, and how-to guides that demonstrate your knowledge and your care for the customer.
Over time, your website will be a repository of expert advise from the best in the field. Your target audience will be able to find what they are looking for on your page(s).
• Continue to add original, compelling content to your website. If you reference other people’s work, be sure to give credit to your sources.
• Keep your website and the information you provide up-to-date. This will instill confidence in those who turn to you for answers.
• Use social media to show visitors who you are, what you are passionate about, what you stand for, and how you are excited to have them be a part of your community and brand.
All of these can lead to more backlinks, which is a search engine ranking factor.
• Showcase positive online reviews. Respond promptly to customer complaints and criticism.
• Be vigilante about website security (SSL).
• Choose good web hosting.
• Use privacy and cookie policies that are clear and well-written.
• Schedule time for security updates and plug-in updates too especially if you are using a CMS like WordPress.
Your website viewers can consume your content and purchase your products and services with full confidence that you are watching out for their online security. Who needs more to worry about, right?
Google’s raters and your prospects and customers are looking at the same things. It all starts with a mobile-friendly website and E-A-T. Call Tate Design at 610.725.0702 or e-mail [email protected] to build your online visibility with strategic application of expertise, authority, and trustworthiness.
Google’s Quality Raters Guidelines