November 2021 update: Google My Business is now Google Business Profile. Google My Business will be retired sometime in 2022.
You need a Google Business Profile for your business. Potential customers and current clients are using Google to search for information about products and services they need—including what you and your business offer—from desktop computers, tablets, and mobile phones. Studies show that 34% of those who conduct a local search from a desktop or tablet and 50% of those using a smartphone will visit the business within 24 hours. Of the latter group, 18% will make a purchase.
According to NetMarketShare, Google is the search engine of choice. In September 2018, Google fielded over 85% of all tablet queries, over 78% of all desktop/laptop searches, and over 69% of mobile phone asks, and Google’s stronghold on the lead market share shows no signs of diminishing. Google handles over 40,000 queries or searches per second, over 3.5 billion per day, and 1.2 trillion per year. However, those searching seldom glance beyond the first page of Google. This is where Google Business Profile gives you a huge advantage in marketing your business.
When you claim your free Google Business Profile listing, Google indexes information about your business and your brand—information you already have on your website and on Google Search, Maps, and Google+ (while it existed)—and displays it on the first page.
• Potential customers will be able to quickly find your location, hours, phone number and other contact information, availability of parking, special announcements, etc.
• Your audience can find targeted Google posts
• Current customers can share their stories, photos, and videos as they interact with your brand
• You can engage customers with text messaging
• You can encourage reviews and respond to every single one—good, bad, or somewhere in between
• You can see how your audience finds your Google Business Profile
Let Tate Design set up your Google Business Profile account for you. We
• Optimize your Google Business Profile listing
• Know the major pitfalls new users encounter that affect Google ranking and we know how to avoid or fix them
• Dig deeper to find the right Google-supplied categories and attributes to match your business
• Provide high-quality graphic design for your cover photo, your profile photo, and/or branded videos
• Take the time to add the extras like online reviews and text messaging so people can share their opinion directly and you can boost your credibility by responding
• Create a strategic marketing plan for Google posts that you can use to promote an event or product for 7 days before the post disappears
• Help you monitor where your visitors come from
Call us at 610.725.0702 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to get started with Google My Business, now known as Google Business Profile.
Google’s Understanding Consumers’ Local Search Behavior https://www.thinkwithgoogle.com/advertising-channels/search/how-advertisers-can-extend-their-relevance-with-search-infographic/
Internet Live’s Google Search Statistics http://www.internetlivestats.com/google-search-statistics/
NetMarketShare’s Search Engine Market Share https://www.netmarketshare.com/search-engine-market-share.aspx