This is the second in a series of three blog posts looking at the components of successful search marketing. As mentioned in our post “Search Marketing: Organic Visibility And More,” Tate Design employs a trinary approach to search marketing. Organic visibility, pay-per-click-advertising, and Google Maps and Google My Business listings are strategically combined to increase your visibility and make it easier for your target market to find you online.
We encourage each of our clients to develop a comprehensive marketing plan. We determine what you need to make your business grow and we implement those strategies. Organic visibility is a long-term effort with a number of components including a mobile-friendly website and ongoing search engine optimization. Pay-per-click advertising is different.
Here is how pay-per-click (PPC), also known as cost per click (CPC), is different from organic visibility:
• A pay-per-click campaign can be set up very quickly
• You don’t need a website
• You don’t have to optimize pages of content for search engines
• You can choose whatever keywords you desire as long as you have the budget to pay for them
• PPC rapidly brings you very targeted traffic
• PPC works well with Google but also works well with social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter
• You will need ads to post, which requires a certain level of expertise
• As the name implies, there is a cost associated with pay-per-click so it must be budgeted for
• Only 6-10% of Internet users click on paid ads
• Ads are intended as short-term campaigns compared to the long-term value of organic content
What can pay-per-click advertising do for you? It can
• Build brand recognition
• Give you more of an online presence
• Direct quality leads and targeted traffic to your new or newly redesigned website
• Be ready and waiting on your target audience’s favorite social media platforms
• Make it easier for prospective customers to find the services and products you provide
• Allow you to quickly offer your product or service in response to world news, a crisis, or an escalating need
• Beat out your competition
• Eliminate the customers’ need to do a lot of clicking—one click with you and they could be done
We highly recommend combining the rapid results of pay-per-click with the slow-but-steady search marketing gains from website content and organic visibility. Together, they can increase the quality of your leads and your customer base.
We know the world of pay-per-click can be overwhelming so let us put our expertise to work for you. Choosing keywords, budgeting costs per click, and designing eye-catching ads are all part of our services. Call us at 610.725.0702 or e-mail [email protected] to add digital advertising to your online marketing.