The winning content marketing strategy is not the one with the biggest budget, the flashiest photos, or the most outrageous offers. It’s the one that puts the wants, needs, and feelings of the company’s customers first.
How can you create your own successful content marketing strategy?
• Get to know your customers
– Who are they and what stories do they have to share?
– What are they looking for on your site?
– What do they need?
– What challenges do they face?
– Why do they contact your company?
– What do they really want—perhaps how-to instructions or a discount?
These are all potential content marketing themes for you.
• Listen to their hopes, fears, frustrations, and problems
– Check your e-mails, social media, and voicemail for common concerns.
– Ask your customer service representatives about recurring requests.
– Go directly to your current clients and ask “How can we better serve you?”
Your content marketing should address frequent and repetitive issues as well as hopes and fears. By listening and responding with empathy, you are creating an atmosphere of caring and establishing yourself as their go-to resource.
• Make their lives easier
– Direct them to the information they seek with well-placed graphics.
– Incorporate keywords your audience uses into your content.
– Offer concise instructions and other how-to guides.
– Make your company Web site mobile-friendly AND full of useful content that will attract repeat visitors.
Once again, you are positioning your brand as an understanding, reliable source because of your content marketing and how you share it.
• Be other-centered while creating content
– Focus on your clients and prospective customers instead of yourself.
– Use “you” more often than “I” and “me.”
– Choose easy-to-understand words or, if you must use industry terms that are harder to comprehend, provide definitions.
– Use videos wisely to create one-of-a-kind how-to tutorials for your products. Resist the urge to simply create “talking head” videos to boost your search engine rankings.
Don’t just market. Use your content to add value and build relationships.
As a content marketer, your best content marketing plan is to create content that matters to your prospective customers and current clients. Tate Design can assist you with digital marketing and
• Web site design and development that naturally directs visitors to the information they seek
• Internet marketing and strategic marketing campaigns that use fresh content to address your audience’s needs
• Graphic design that guides and educates
• Brand development & corporate identity that guarantees every piece of content you create is uniquely associated with your brand
• Copy development that results in clear, powerful, and productive content
Call Tate Design at 610.725.0702 or e-mail [email protected] to start creating the best content marketing strategy for your business.